Ideal Side Dishes for your Perfect Sishebo
When it comes to preparing the perfect Sishebo, kitchen queens want nothing more than to prepare a side dish that is equally delicious. Simple and quick recipes are certainly worth their weight in gold when you need to prepare a meal for your hungry family or surprise dinner guests. If you’re looking for easy recipes that are delicious and hearty, take a look at the two ideal side dishes below.
Delicious Soft Polenta
Are you tired of preparing rice as a side dish for your stews? This polenta recipe is simple enough to enjoy every time you decide to treat your family to a hearty sishebo. You will need:
- 9 cups (2.25 l) of water, mixed with 3 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes
- 340 g (1 1/3 cups) of fine polenta
- 100 g of butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of finely grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the dissolved stock cubes and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually add the polenta, mixing well.
- Reduce the heat to a medium temperature and stir the polenta for 35 minutes or until thick.
- Add the butter, parmesan and parsley to the polenta, while continuing to mix. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Let the polenta sit for 15 minutes before serving your sishebo. Top with extra parmesan or butter, if you prefer.
Buttery Mashed Potatoes
Finding quick and easy recipes for dinner can be challenging, especially after a long day spent in the office. However, a thick and succulent sishebo paired with buttery mashed potatoes is a tried-and-tested winner! Here is what you will need:
- 8 potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into quarters
- 150 g of salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of full-cream cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of cream
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of garlic flakes
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) of seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) of black pepper
- Place your diced potatoes into a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until cooked through. Preheat your oven to 90°C.
- Drain the water and turn down the heat. Place the pot back onto the stove.
- With a masher, roughly mash the potatoes. Add the butter and use the mashing tool to roughly mix the butter into the starch.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add the cream cheese. Use a mixer to blend the mixture together.
- Slowly add the cream while mixing. Add the garlic flakes, salt and pepper.
- Using a mixer, beat out all of the lumps to create a creamy and fluffy mash.
- Pop the mash into an ovenproof dish and add a few slices of butter to the top.
- Place the dish into the oven to let the butter melt over the potatoes.
- Serve with a decadent Sishebo.
Simple to prepare and equally as delicious as a world-class sishebo, these side dishes are sure to have your family or dinner guests begging for seconds! If you’re looking for more recipes like these, be sure to take a look at Sishebo’s range of easy but tasty dinner recipes.